This website is intended to give a panel of existing Arctic Studies through viewing maps.
The usage of " Google Maps ", here makes it possible to display an interactive map of the Earth, and to place marks above it.
Thus the goal is to show :
What kind of Arctic Studies?
What does it mean precisely?
The expression " Arctic Studies" contains vast lexical field.
That is why we use maps here, in order to display the information and answer this question in attractive way.
1. Firstly, we will focus on arctic studies, using this expression litteraly.
"Arctic Studies" (created in 2010)-Master 2 proposed to the students by Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines University (U.V.S.Q.).
Here, you can also find the various partners of the O.V.S.Q., which offer an international basis :
. and laboratories.
- Then, the focus will be on arctic studies, which are proposed to students all around the world in order to answer the question :
Where the students can study the Arctic?
You can find :
The huge university network, which is always spreading.
This university network is made up from 5 universty networks.
Map N°2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
2. Secondly, Arctic Studies, the lexical field of this expression which also extends to the arctic exploitation by industries.
3. Lastly, Arctic Studies, can mean also, first explorers and the Arctic projects : past and future.
Here, you can find the captions of the maps.
- Map N°1 : Students and partners of the O.V.S.Q.
- Map N°2 : Arctic Net Inc (a Network of Centres of Excellence of Canada)
- Map N°3 : ACUNS : Association of Canadian Universities
- Map N°4 : Barents Plus
- Map N°5 : North 2 North Members
- Map N°6 : University of the Arctic
- Map N°7 : Arctic Industries
- Map N°8 : Arctic projects and discoveries